Friday, May 18, 2007

Space Invaders!
OK, so I have been a fan of the Space Invaders for many many years. Not necessarily the videogame (though that's pretty rad, too), but the actual little creatures. When I was in my ironic-T-shirt-wearing phase, I had one that featured the little guys emblazoned across my chest, with the phrase I scored with Space Invaders... I know, so clever -- but it made me some friends.
I first heard about the Space Invaders project when I worked at Shift Magazine -- a good 6 or 7 years ago. I'm a great admirer of anonymous public art, and was particularly interested in the international scope of this one... Over the years, I've kept loose tabs on the project -- one man, some tiles, and a whole globe to cover. I admit that every time I travel, the hope of seeing a Space Invader crosses my mind at least once.
Imagine my delight the other day, walking home with Diana, when I suddenly noticed one of the little guys sitting there on the wall. It was my version of celebrity-spotting -- I got quite excited.
Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch....
I'm officially going to Iceland!
As of this morning, I received confirmation for the two workcamps I wanted to do -- a Viking Festival and a Folk Festival -- and am now scouting airfares and other details. I'm looking forward to the physical challenge of the workcamp, and the opportunity to check out Iceland. True, it's not exactly a fun-in-the-sun summer holiday, but that would be boring anyway...
I'll be headed over there the first week of June, and staying until mid-July... Happy days!
On the vanity front, I cut off about half of my hair -- giving me the shortest hair I've had in over 10 years! It will take some getting used to, but I'm pretty pleased with the results:

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

bee-yoo-tee-full!!!!! You look mahvelous dahling. Congrats on the Iceland gigs, I can't wait to read all about your new adventures.

5/22/2007 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home