Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yet another birthday (or: "Oh my god, you're old!")

Yup, it's yet another birthday... the big 3-1. Truthfully, I feel younger than I have in years -- something about the travelling lifestyle (despite all its stresses) seems to agree with me.

Naturally, I find myself reflecting on yet another year gone by. So here, without ado, is a listy-type recap thing.

Best moments of today:
- My class of thirty 13-year-olds surprising me by breaking into "Happy Birthday" (coached by the music teacher)
- One of my 18-year-olds asking me for proof when I told her my age, and then exclaiming (in what I can only take as a complimentary way) "oh my god, you're old!"
- The hand-painted T-shirt my student made for me.
- Having my sister here to celebrate with me.
- The long leisurely lunch with some of my favourite teachers (and a gift of books -- the ultimate way to my heart)
- Spending an hour at the beach in the middle of the day.

Best moments of the past year:
- The viking festival, volunteerism, and the hike in Iceland
- The sunlight of Almeria
- New Year's Eve in Cadiz
- My students -- even on bad days, I have so much fun with them.
- Alex and Mike's visit, and my dad's visit.
- Finally getting the turtle I've always wanted.
- When Liz asked me to be her bridesmaid.
- Visiting my mom in Oregon
- Every glass I've raised with a friend...

Best moments of the year to come:
Erm... I'll get back to you on that one... But I think it's gonna' be a good one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh I'm one of your highlights of the year!! I'm so happy it was a highlight....let's hope that you shakin' yo' ass on the dancefloor in October becomes another memorable moment ;-) Can't wait to see you in the summer xo xo lizifer

6/05/2008 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home