Monday, April 28, 2008



The Week of the Bocadillo


Alex and Mike came to visit last week. I'd been looking forward to their visit all year, and it was every bit as good as I hoped. We laughed, talked, ate and drank our way through a week of fun and sun.

We started the week out in Barcelona, wandering around the city and seeing the sights. We went up the tower of Sagrada Familia and (more importantly) back down the frighteningly winding staircase. We had beers on patios in my old neighbourhood of Gracia (with my old flatmate Luca) and visited Laura at work. We shopped at the waterfront, visited the Picasso Museum and Parc Guell, and even found Space Invaders around the MACBA. After a few days of big-city tourism, we hopped an early morning flight down to good ol' Aguadulce.

The rest of the week was spent on the beach (the weather cooperated wonderfully), reading, talking and soaking up the sun. We ate an amazing quantity of bocadillos, laughed a lot, and generally relaxed.

The week was a vacation for Alex and Mike, but it was also a mini-vacation for me. Spending time with close friends
-- with an intimate and implicit understanding of one another -- is something that I have been really missing. Their visit allowed me to recharge my batteries to face the last leg of my journey here. Of course, it also made me excited to come home for a while and spend quality time with the people I love.

Alex and Mike, thank you so much for coming all the way over here to hang out with me. I loved having you here, and can't wait to see you both again sooooooon.

Photos of the week are here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

sounds like a fabulous week - hope you soaked up the sun for all of us because IT SNOWED TODAY....no need to say more. Miss you bunches!!

4/30/2008 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home