Tuesday, February 05, 2008



On Homesickness...

The other day Alex asked me if I was homesick. My answer was no, but that I missed certain things. Her first response was, "food?" My reply was, "people."

Actually, we were both right. There are quite a few things that I miss about Toronto, but people and food definitely top the list -- sometimes together. So here, without further ado, is a rundown of things that I miss about Toronto, at this very second. (This list is by no means complete, and in no particular order.)

1. Pad thai (preferably from the Salad King, with 5 chilis)
2. Pasta and exotic beers on the Cafe Volo patio with Alex
3. Streetcars (except during rush hour on College St.)
4. Dancing at the Stones Place with my sister (and entourage)
5. Adventures in ice cream parlours with Chris
6. Soundscapes
7. Sunny Saturday afternoons in Little Italy
8. Kensington Market
9. Delicious spring rolls and watching Heroes with Mike and Antonia
10. Excel Chlorophyll gum
11. The crazy people -- especially the ones you know by name
12. Sushi
13. Snow (it's true! I actually miss it sometimes!)
14. Sunday brunch with my dad
15. Good beer selections
16. Chicken and brie sandwiches (and good company) at The Roxton
17. Watching hockey at the Brass Taps
18. Fast work lunches at Fresh
19. Dancing at the Phoenix and the Dance Cave (feeling old, but having a blast anyway)
20. Movies that aren't dubbed
21. Calgon Hawaiian Ginger body spray
22. Local theatre (especially in support of people I know)
23. Live music
24. Real Indian food
25. Chinatown, and everything it entails

There's more, I'm sure, but I must run out to give a class.

Anyone coming to this side of the pond in the next few months should try to cram as many of these things (and people) into their suitcase for me... I'll love you forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rustyvalentine said...

I'll see if I can find a bottle of that German ashtray beer you like so much and bring that along....

2/08/2008 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home