Sunday, October 14, 2007


The Pause that Refreshes...

Hi, there. Remember me? It sure has been a while...

I wasn't really updating because I actually figured no one really read this thing. But surprise! People do. So I guess I should get my ass in gear and start updating regularly.

In an effort to catch up, here is a quick bullet point list of what I've been doing since the last update:

1. Iceland Part 2 -- This was actually the bulk of my time in Iceland, and the indescribable reason why I haven't quite let go of that country yet. Part 2 included a second volunteer workcamp which was great fun, a four-day solo hike through some of the most amazing landscapes I've ever seen, and some travel up the northeast coast, and around the Golden Circle.
2. The Long Way Home -- It took 7 days to get back to Canada from Reykjavik, mainly because I went via Dublin and Barcelona. I got home to Toronto in late July.
3. All Play and No Work... -- In an effort to balance out all the fun I had for 7 months, I launched right back into work for the summer, winding up with a to-do list that was 2 pages long before the first day was out. Trouble is, I was having fun -- I enjoyed the work I was doing, the people I was working with, and the return to a daily routine. Seriously, something must be wrong with me.
4. Friends and Family -- I enjoyed the hell out of my summer in Toronto -- spending time doing some of the things I knew I'd miss (Cafe Volo! Justin Rutledge!). Photos of some shenanigans are here. The only regret: I didn't get to spend enough time with my little sister.
5. West Coast Chillin' -- I managed to get over to Oregon to see my moms for a few days. It was nice and relaxing, and so great to see them.

And last but not least....

6. Escape to Espa
ña -- In which I made a move to the south of Spain, where I will be teaching English in a secondary school for the year. I got to Aguadulce (a small resort town on the Andalucía Coast) last week, and am gradually getting comfortable. This will likely be the subject of many entries to come.

Well, that pretty much brings us up to date. Now back to your regularly scheduled programme.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yay!!! I have missed your blog and photos and funny little quips (okay I like your serious musings too).

Looking forward to more tales of adventure.

oh and liking work/routine is not crazy...just refreshing. But since you write more when you travel, the travel is better for the rest of us - how else are we going to see pictures of the Spanish coast?

10/18/2007 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home