Thursday, February 01, 2007

Anatomy of a Barcelona Building

When you first walk into a building, you are not on the 1st floor, you are on the 0th floor (that's right, the zeroth floor).

The next floor up is called planta principal (main floor) or sometimes entresuelo (middle ground). Occasionally you will have a building that has both a principal AND an entresuelo.
Are you counting? So far, you've reached the equivalent of the 3rd floor in a Canadian building.
After that, you reach the 1st floor...

This is a useful thing to consider when you are looking for places to live. You will need to walk up a minimum of 3 flights of stairs just to reach the 2nd floor...

And that's the floor that my new place is on. I'm moving in on the weekend. Pictures will be forthcoming...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new place! Can't wait to see it.

Yes, I know, I'm the worst friend ever - I'm glad that things are going well, even if I don't write you to say so. I'm sure you can feel the positive energy I'm beaming toward you every day ...

Antonia.

2/02/2007 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home