Wednesday, January 03, 2007


Spain – Day 2

So I’m here, and still can’t believe it. It feels a bit like a dream, or a stopover on my way to something else…

The trip over was fine. Alex and Laura took me to the airport, and I avoided bursting into tears by being mostly nervous… I’m going to miss both of those ladies so so much.

The flight to Munich was long and uncomfortable, and I didn’t sleep at all – partly from nerves and partly because I rarely sleep on planes. At customs in Munich, they barely asked me anything (except to see my return ticket), and I was on my way. After some confusion at the Barcelona airport (I went to the wrong baggage claim, so I had to go back in through security and walk down to the other terminal), I made it out to find Carmen there to greet me.

The weather here is fantastic – I had lunch sitting in the sun on Carmen’s terrace (pictured above). It seems I’ve also arrived during a full moon, though I don’t know if that’s good luck or bad luck.

Today, I’m getting started for real – wandering the city, getting my bearings, and starting to figure things out…

I wonder when I will start feeling like this is truly a reality?

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Wow, The weather in Barcelona sure beats the weather in Dublin... I'm super excited to be sharing the continent with you! Maybe at same point, we can shared the same country... at least for a weekend or so... ;)

1/03/2007 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled for you and can't wait to hear more!

1/05/2007 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home